I am always looking for new self tanners. I hate to lay in the sun, plus I have such fair skin that it is not fun for me to lay in the sun and burn. THat is why I am always on the hunt for the perfect tanner. I have tried so many different kinds, so I thought today I would share some of my most favorite and not so favorite.
1. Bare Minerals Faux Tan $40.00: I used this one for about 2 summers and I loved it at first, but close to the end of the summer it would flake off. I hated the smell and it was sticky for at least 4 hours, but if you could get passed all of that the color payoff was good. I never used it anywhere but my legs.
2. Banana Boat Summer Color $12.00: Last year I was on the hunt again, I did a ton of research and found a tanner that was worth trying. One nice thing about this tanner is that you can get at the drugstore. I went immediately and bought 4. I loved it last summer, the color payout was awesome, but I could not stand the smell ( I have a very sensitive nose). I used it anyway and was happy.
3.Neutrogena Micro-Mist $15.00: I have never used a self spray tan. I was a bit skeptical and was not quite sure how to go about this. I decided to try it out in the shower because I could contain the spray. I used it all over my body, even my face. I love it. Not much smell and it dried very fast (I did blow dry myself) I will be using this all summer long
4. Loreal Sublime Bronze $13.00: I have never tried this but I have a friend who loves it so I thought it would be worth mentioning.
5. St. Tropez $43.00: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I went to Sephora, and was looking for some makeup, but found this. I did not want to spend so much money on this self tanner, so I bought the travel size $14.00. When I got home I used right away and loved it. The color payout is amazing, no smell and dried super fast. I will be going back to get a bigger bottle. Did I mention how much I love this product?!
6. Clarins $45.00: I have this bout not have used it yet. When I do I will let you know how I like it. I put it on my list because Allure named one of the top 5 self tanners.
7. Jergens Natural Glow $12.00: I hate this stuff. I hate the smell and the way it makes my skin feel, that being said, my 20 year old daughter loves this and uses it in place of lotion. I don't see a huge color payout on her.
I am by no means an expert on self tanning, but I do try a lot of different ones. If you have a self tanning product that you love please let me know.