!-- Please call pinit.js only once per page -->
This week it is all about eyeliner. I will be making a series of 5 videos that will show you the different ways eyeliner can make your eye's look bigger, sexier, and have more lashes than you really do. Stay tuned.
It is always a good idea to change your foundation once it starts to get colder. Summer time is great, because you don't have to wear much foundation. I always suggest that you change to a tinted moisturizer for summer, but enough about summer! Fall is in the air, YEAH!!! Once you start to see your golden tan fade and you are looking a bit pale you'll need a little help to get color by foundation. My favorite foundation is Neutrogena Healthy Skin. (I use 30 buff )Don't go all crazy and buy a darker shade of foundation that will not match your skin tone. When you are looking at foundation, and you want to go a little darker than your skin ( which we are naturally drawn to) pick a shade lighter. You'll be happy that you did. Remember to test foundation on your neck not your hand and always buy foundation with sunscreen in it, winter sun is just as harsh as summer sun. If you are lost with which brand to buy, I promise you will not be disappointed with Neutrogena health skin.
Recently, I have quite a few ladies call me to make a appt. for a makeup consultation for girl friends as birthday gifts. I even had one lady contact me from Texas to meet her girl friend who lived in SLC at Ulta and buy makeup with her and then teach her how to use all the new stuff she bought. That was a fun day. Each time I do these makeup lessons for birthday gifts,
I have such a good time with these friends and love how excited they get.
I wanted you to hear about these classes so if you have a friend who is hard to by a gift for, this may be a perfect gift for her.
Heather is awesome! I loved having her do my makeup. She has so many tips and tricks. I loved it so much and benefited from it so much I thought it would be fun to surprise my friend for her birthday and have Heather do her make-up. My friend loved it! She thought it was such a fun surprise and a unique gift – something she normally would not have done for herself. She loved Heather’s recommendations and new ideas to freshen up her face. Heather is great!!!
I had a consultation with Heather last year, and the way she taught me to apply makeup was life changing. I felt so pretty and natural. I love that she thinks people should see you, and that makeup is there to enhance your features. I also feel like she really sees the inner beauty in each woman and helps that show on the outside. So when my mom came to visit last year, I gave her a consultation with Heather as her Christmas gift from me. She said it was her favorite gift! And this year when my sister came in town, I gave her a consultation with Heather as her birthday gift. She said she'd never felt prettier. Now all three of us continue to use the tips and products and everything we learned from Heather. All three of us also agree that Heather has such a warm positive energy that just being around her makes you feel prettier! Thank you Heather!
Send me a email if you would like to set up a fun birthday gift for your friend.
Alex is my beautiful daughter. She was married last week and it was a wonderful day. I had to post a lot of pictures because I could not choose.
There is nothing better than doing makeup on your own beautiful daughter! So happy for her and Mark. Wedding pictures will be posted next week!
I am always looking for new self tanners. I hate to lay in the sun, plus I have such fair skin that it is not fun for me to lay in the sun and burn. THat is why I am always on the hunt for the perfect tanner. I have tried so many different kinds, so I thought today I would share some of my most favorite and not so favorite.
1. Bare Minerals Faux Tan $40.00: I used this one for about 2 summers and I loved it at first, but close to the end of the summer it would flake off. I hated the smell and it was sticky for at least 4 hours, but if you could get passed all of that the color payoff was good. I never used it anywhere but my legs.
2. Banana Boat Summer Color $12.00: Last year I was on the hunt again, I did a ton of research and found a tanner that was worth trying. One nice thing about this tanner is that you can get at the drugstore. I went immediately and bought 4. I loved it last summer, the color payout was awesome, but I could not stand the smell ( I have a very sensitive nose). I used it anyway and was happy.
3.Neutrogena Micro-Mist $15.00: I have never used a self spray tan. I was a bit skeptical and was not quite sure how to go about this. I decided to try it out in the shower because I could contain the spray. I used it all over my body, even my face. I love it. Not much smell and it dried very fast (I did blow dry myself) I will be using this all summer long
4. Loreal Sublime Bronze $13.00: I have never tried this but I have a friend who loves it so I thought it would be worth mentioning.
5. St. Tropez $43.00: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I went to Sephora, and was looking for some makeup, but found this. I did not want to spend so much money on this self tanner, so I bought the travel size $14.00. When I got home I used right away and loved it. The color payout is amazing, no smell and dried super fast. I will be going back to get a bigger bottle. Did I mention how much I love this product?!
6. Clarins $45.00: I have this bout not have used it yet. When I do I will let you know how I like it. I put it on my list because Allure named one of the top 5 self tanners.
7. Jergens Natural Glow $12.00: I hate this stuff. I hate the smell and the way it makes my skin feel, that being said, my 20 year old daughter loves this and uses it in place of lotion. I don't see a huge color payout on her.
I am by no means an expert on self tanning, but I do try a lot of different ones. If you have a self tanning product that you love please let me know.